There will be a workshop on Monday 14th October from 3pm in the Church Hall where we will be making flowers for the craft garden.
Please continue to save your plastic milk bottle tops for this. We will also need some small pieces of brightly coloured fabric to cover them.
Everyone is welcome to join us – there will be craft activities for younger children too. Please collect any small twigs and sycamore seeds (“helicopters”) so that we can make them into dragonflies.
The morning service for our Harvest Festival will start at 10am. We will be collecting dry and tinned food for Save the Family and there will also be envelopes in aid of Methodist Relief and Development Fund.
We will follow with one of our popular faith lunches after tea and coffee. We do ask if people would like to bring either a savoury dish or pudding but don't worry if you're not able to do that. Help with washing up and clearing away after lunch will also be appreciated if you would rather do that. To help us estimate numbers can you please put your name on one of the sheets, which are on the table in the foyer and hall, but don't worry if you miss it, you'll still be very welcome.
Decorating the Church
We will be decorating the Church on Saturday 28th September at 10am. We have a couple of flower arranging experts who always help those of us who don't have a clue. We will be delighted to see as many people as possible to help us with the task.
Senior Church Steward
The Stitching Class will be holding their Annual Exhibition on Thursday 19th September.
Everyone is warmly invited to come along and see their beautiful pieces of work which will be on show from 1pm to 5pm. For more details talk to Elizabeth Hearn.
The Toddler group are holding a Children’s Good as New Sale on 5th October from 10 till 12 noon in our Church Hall. The idea is simple, the stall holders put a selling price on the items and get back 80% of the price, with the other 20% going to the Women’s Maternity Hospital in Liverpool and towards under 2 years toys in Toddlers.
Welcome back to Messy Church!
The first session back after the summer will be on Friday 20th September at 5.15pm till about 7pm in the Church Hall. We will be looking at the story Jesus told about the sower.
All most welcome to attend and we especially welcome new families to come along for food, fun, crafts and a very short informal act of worship.
Meet 10am at West Kirby. The walk across the bay will coincide with the low tide, providing an opportunity for seal watching before returning. Walkers are asked to make a minimum donation of £5 per adult or use the walk as an opportunity to raise sponsorship. It’s a great walk and it would be good if a group from our Church supported this event. Andrea is going and will have some space in the car. Please add your name to the list in the Church Hall or e-mail Andrea (email@example.com) so we can register. More details from the Christian Aid website.
Check out our Calendar for a listing of all events.
Frodsham Methodist Church Sunday 10am Worship on YouTube.
North Cheshire Circuit Thursday 7pm Worship on YouTube.
The reflections here are written by members of our congregation.