"A community- focused church, sharing the love of God through worship, caring and learning"
This is our vision statement and as a Methodist Church we seek to fulfil our calling through worship, by increasing awareness of God's presence and celebrating His love, through evangelism and outreach. We do this by sharing our faith, by learning as we help people grow, by challenging injustice and by caring as we give support to those in need in our community and the world.
Frodsham Methodist Church, a church in the Connexion of the Methodist Church of Great Britain, is located in the market town of Frodsham in Cheshire. We are part of a worldwide Communion of over seventy-five million people affiliated to the Methodist and Wesleyan Churches in some way. Locally, we are part of what Methodist jargon calls the North Cheshire Circuit and, in turn, the Chester and Stoke-on-Trent District.
There have been Methodist people worshipping in Frodsham since at least 1776 and there have been numerous places of worship since then. For instance the spire of the former Trinity Methodist Church on High Street in the centre of Frodsham is still a local landmark and the former Rock Chapel used to serve as the Frodsham Town Library.
Today we are a large, welcoming Church of about 160 members (and many more 'adherents', regular attenders and users of our facilities) offering something for everyone. Frodsham Methodist Church is based in the building on Kingsley Road in the Five Crosses/Overton area of the town. The building was completed in 1885, although it has been extended and renovated extensively since. In 2010, we celebrated 125 years of the present building (pictures below).
Alterations to our worship area were completed in 2004. As a Church we wanted to hold fast to our Methodist heritage as well as look to the future and many believe the modernisation gives the Church a very contemporary feel, allowing for diversity and innovation in our worship and other uses of the building. We also benefit from a Church Hall at the rear of our premises which has a large hall, small hall, toilets and modern kitchen.
In March 2011, 'The Annexe' was officially opened by the Mayor and Mayoress of Frodsham at the time, Mr. and Mrs. F. B. Lloyd (pictures below). 'The Annexe' gives our Church premises a large room specially designed for messy activities like crafts and cookery, a meeting/quiet room, a Circuit and Church office as well as kitchenette and accessible toilet. We also have a soft play area and quiet garden outside.
Parking is available on the Church Premises (comfortably for about 25 cars) and also on quiet residential streets nearby.
Please do get in touch with us using the 'Contact us' tab to find out more about Frodsham Methodist Church. We also have an online Calendar, What's On and News pages and a Facebook page which are updated regularly where you can find out about what is going on. We look forward to hearing from you.